Your favorite superheroes save summer! The POP Shop wants to help you squeeze every last drop of summer fun. We know it will be over in a flash, so we’ve assembled a Summer Bucket List full of simple ways to create unique memories with family and friends. Download the PDF Summer Bucket List checklist today and start checking off all the ways you’ve enjoyed the summer.
The POP Shop’s Top 30 Summer Bucket List
1. Fly a kite. Not sure How? We Googled it! Here’s How To Fly a Kite.
2. Help a friend. Do you really need more information on how
to do this one? No friends? Help a stranger. Most of all teach your children how to help others and pay it forward.
3. Go geocaching. If this is a new one to you, learn more about the latest craze.
4. Enjoy a parade. There’s got to be at least one parade going on near you, especially around July 4th. Google it!
5. Learn a new sport. You don’t have to commit long-term to this one. It could be as simple as badminton, disk golf, croquet or re-learning how to ride a bike after all these years.
6. Plant new flowers. No green thumb? Buy artificial flowers from a craft store and stick them in pot with dirt. My back deck has beautiful pink hydrangeas all year long – even when it snows! If you’re sticking your nose up at this idea, then dig in and plant some color along a path you’ll walk by all summer.
7. Visit a theme park. You don’t have to drop big bucks on a trip to Disney, and I know there’s not a Six Flags in every city. I discovered Wikipedia’s list of Amusement Parks throughout the North America. Fun is only a car-ride away!
8. Go night swimming. Not a fan of 100 degree sunlight, loading up on sunscreen and crazy loud kids? Swimming by moonlight is a super getaway.
9. Enjoy a water sport. I’m not a surfer, so you’ll find me diving for pennies or tossing the ball. Maybe water skis or jets skis are your thing?
11. Play in the sprinklers. Here’s a nostalgic switcheroo! Skip the pool and watch the kids play in the sprinklers. Shop for a slip-n-slide or inflatable water slide if that’s not a big hit. Either way, it’s something different!
12. See a movie outdoors. I had no idea there were this many free outdoor movies in Metro Atlanta. Grab a blanket, pack some snacks and enjoy movies by moonlight. Plus it’s way cheaper than taking the family to the movie theater!
13. Camp in the backyard. Make use of all that camping equipment, it’s time for a STAYcation. Not a camper? Consider napping on the back porch!
14. Have campfire Smores. Can you believe I’ve encountered a handful of people lately who have NO idea about Smores? Share this camping treat with your friends or family. New to Smores? You might enjoy this how-to video.
15. Visit a farmer’s market. Here’s Atlanta’s Top 10 Farmer’s Markets. Google your city and get shopping.
16. Paint or build something. Try a model airplane with a child, or paint a birdhouse. There might even be something on your To Do List that needs to be crossed off.
17. Watch a sunset or sunrise. Great with your mate, or an excellent way to spend your quiet time. What’s quiet time? Move this to the top of your list and do it twice!
18. Enjoy an outdoor concert. Check out what’s playing at Atlanta’s Chastain Park Amphitheater or Alpharetta’s Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park There’s lots of other outdoor concert venues throughout Metro Atlanta and around the country.
19. Make your own ice cream. One of our favorite recipe websites has a list of Top 20 Ice Cream recipes.
20. Board games for rainy days. Take your family on an adventure with a new “wireless” game. Introduce them to a classic like Yahtzee or Life. If you haven’t tried Apples to Apples, check it out. It’s easy to pick up and there’s a Junior edition too!
21. Setup an outdoor yard game. Try croquet, volleyball, horseshoes or corn hole! Here’s a few yard games you might find at ToysRUs.
22. Make a summer music playlist. Update your iPod with summer favorites from this year and summers past. Stumped? Checkout Billboard’s Top 30 Summer Songs of All Time.
23. Go Riding! Your choice, bike riding, horseback, motorcycle, or maybe even a summer drive.
24. Watch a summer themed movie. There’s something for the whole family in National Lampoons Vacation. Maybe you are a Dirty Dancing fan or prefer the action of Independence Day. Find something and settle down movie snacks, soda and load of family or friends.
25. Enjoy a summertime reading list. Ok, so it’s summer. Sit on your back porch, a beach chair, hammock or somewhere air-conditioned. Barnes & Noble, iBooks & Amazon has a few great beach & summer themed reads waiting for you!
26. Visit a new restaurant or bakery. This is SO easy, there’s loads of new places opening up all the time. Friends are a great source of recommendations. Need more help? Your favorite superheroes at The POP Shop are foodies! We’ll make some GREAT recommendations!
27. Take on a show! Guys, maybe you prefer an air show or car show. Other folks might prefer a theatrical show or musical. Try something different!
28. Have dinner on the deck or patio. But don’t forget the bug spray or citronella candles!
29. Try a new summer themed recipe. Magazine stands are loaded with enticing summertime recipes. Grab your favorite and get cooking!
30. Throw a BBQ for friends or family. It’s not too late to set a date and plan a BBQ. Overwhelmed by summer? Consider a Labor Day event.
We look forward to hearing from you this summer and finding unique ways to bring your brand to life. Here’s a few ways to stay tuned in to unique ways to grow your brand: